Job title: Front-end Engineer
Business unit: Digital
Line Manager: Chief Technology Officer
Direct reports: None
In this role you will create solutions to business problems through software development. You will be encouraged to take innovative approaches to your work and won’t be limited to a single software platform or language. This role was created to help us with the development and rollout of our new data product “Wranglr”. You will help us build an industry-specific data product and will have input to our strategy along the way. Your focus will always be on solving business problems and achieving outcomes for our customers. You will report directly to our CTO and will have close working relationships with our customers, technology partners and the broader Quantaco team.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimise components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- You are organised and a fast learner
- Integrity, honesty, trust & respect.
- Self-motivated, but acts as part of a team.
- Innovative and looking for ways to improve.
- Accountable and takes personal responsibility.
- Great communicator, acts with credibility and authenticity.
Skills, knowledge and experience
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in cloud development (eg. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- You have a deep proficiency, and at least 2 years experience with, React.js
- You have strong experience with Typescript, RESTful APIs, Git and modern authorisation mechanisms
It would be fantastic but not essential if:
- You are university educated and hold software certifications
- You have experience working with any of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform, Python, Docker and containerised microservices, EcmaScript (newer versions), GraphQL, Modern front-end build pipelines and tools, Flask (or any other Python web framework used to create APIs), React data visualisation tools (Apex Charts, D3.js, Chart.js, etc).
- You have experience with solution architecture and/or big data
- You are good at breaking down complex concepts and explaining them in a simple way
- You have a knack for benchmarking and optimisation