The NSW government is providing further support measures for businesses in NSW that have been affected by the latest COVID outbreak.
A summary of the support available includes:
Eligible businesses will receive one payment covering the 4-week period of February 2022. If you’re an employing business, the payment will be equivalent to 20% of weekly payroll for work performed in NSW (based off the latest lodged Business Activity Statement):
Minimum payment will be $750 per week
Maximum payment will be $5,000 per week
If you’re a non-employing business, such as a sole trader, you may be eligible to receive a payment of $500 per week.
- Have been operating in NSW on 1 January 2021.
- Have had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2021 or 30 June 2020.
- Have experienced a decline in turnover of 40% or more due to the impacts of COVID-19 during January 2022, compared to January 2019 or January 2020. From 1 February to 14 February 2022, compared to the same fortnight in February 2021 or February 2020.
- For employing businesses, maintain your employee headcount from 30 January to 28 February 2022.
- For non-employing businesses, such as sole traders, show that the business is the primary income source (50% or more of the total income) for the associated person. If you have more than one non-employing business, you can only claim payments for one business.
- Certain entities, such as those earning passive income (rents, interest, or dividends) that is more than 50% of the business’s income are not eligible for this program.
- Applications can be made by logged using your MyService NSW account
- Applications close 31 March 2022
More information can be found here