JobSaver open for applications
The Government's Jobsaver assistance program is now open for applications - HERE
JobSaver will provide cash flow support to impacted businesses to help maintain their NSW employee headcount. Eligible businesses with employees will receive fortnightly payments backdated to cover costs incurred from week 4 of the Greater Sydney lockdown (from 18 July 2021 onwards). The payment will be equivalent to 40% of the weekly payroll for work performed in NSW:
- minimum payment will be $1,500 per week
- maximum payment will be $10,000 per week.
Weekly payroll will normally be determined by referring to the most recent Business Activity Statement (BAS)provided to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) before 26 June 2021 for the2020-21 financial year. This will generally mean that wages from your March 2021 BAS (if lodged quarterly) or May 2021 BAS (if lodged monthly) will be the guide for what you will be eligible to claim.
If you’re a non-employing business, such as a sole trader, you may be eligible to receive a payment of $1,000 per week.
To be eligible for JobSaver you must:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- demonstrate your business was operating in NSW as of 1 June 2021
- have had a national aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million(inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have experienced a decline in turnover of 30% or more due to the Public Health Order over a minimum 2-week period within the Greater Sydney lockdown (commenced 26 June 2021 up to 14 August 2021) compared to the same period in 2019
- for employing businesses, maintain your employee headcount on 13 July 2021 while you continue to receive JobSaver payments
- for non-employing businesses, such as sole traders, show that the business is the primary income source for the associated person. If you have more than one non-employing business, you can only claim payments for one business
If your business does not meet all the eligibility criteria, you may be able to apply for JobSaver if you can provide evidence to support the alternative circumstances.
Once deemed eligible, businesses will receive automatic fortnightly payments (in arrears). Businesses will not need to re-apply but must notify Service NSW if they are not maintaining the number of employees they had on 13 July 2021.
The JobSaver payment will help eligible businesses cover their costs incurred from 18 July 2021. These costs may include, but are not limited to, salaries and wages, rent and utilities, financial and legal advice, marketing and other business costs.
Applications need to be made through Service NSW.